CCASTD's Dr. Deborah Colky Workplace Learning & Performance Student Award Recognizes an Exceptional Student in the Workplace Learning & Performance Profession
Do you know an exceptional graduate or undergraduate student studying workplace learning & performance? Someone who deserves recognition for his or her dedication and commitment to training, learning, and the workplace learning & performance profession?
Please encourage him or her to submit an application for the 2013 DR. DEBORAH COLKY STUDENT AWARD.
Applications are due NOVEMBER 10, 2013.
The application process is fast and easy!
Just fill out our short application form and email it to: DebColkyAward@gmail.com
Background and Eligibility Requirements
Now in its seventh year, the Dr. Deborah Colky Student Award recognizes a student who demonstrates excellent potential in the Workplace Learning and Performance profession.
The 2013 recipient of the Dr. Deborah Colky Student Award will receive:
- Scholarship: One-time $1,000 cash scholarship
- Professional Membership: One year membership to CCASTD
- Professional Publication: One article in the CCASTD seasonal magazine Training Today
- Award Ceremony: One guest dinner registration for the award recipient to attend the CCASTD Holiday Party, held during Employee Learning Week
The award recipient will also be presented with a commemorative plaque during the award ceremony at the annual CCASTD Holiday Party in December.
Eligible candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Status: Student is currently enrolled in a degree program in Workplace Learning & Performance, or a related field
- Location: Student resides in the Chicago area
- Availability: The award requires the recipient’s commitment to participate in events that promote raising visibility in the Chicagoland community around workplace learning & performance and the Chicagoland Chapter ASTD (CCASTD) through the end of December 2013.
Award recipients historically exhibit many of Deb’s qualities, including enthusiasm and patience that encourages personal growth and skill development of those around them. In addition, the committee is interested in applicants who are:
- Effective and efficient practitioners
- Passionate about organization development
The Dr. Deborah Colky Student Award will be awarded to a recipient based on a minimum number of eligible applications received.
CCASTD recognizes that many of Deb’s friends and colleagues would like to contribute funds to the future financing of this award. If this is of interest to you, please contact CCASTD for details – 630-848-1462.